Sunday, February 20, 2011

She's a good girl that one!


WOW!  I was so impressed when I woke up from my Sunday nap to this!!  It looks just like the picture!  I was even more impressed when I ate it...and ate some more, and more and more of it.  It is SO YUMMY!  Megan had watched it made on America's Test Kitchen on Friday, so we printed out the recipe for her cookbook.  She always hates it when you have to watch them eat it after it's made and they moan and groan about how good it is.  Today she said she was still craving something after dinner so I mentioned, hey, you should make Monkey Bread.  It is an ALL from scratch recipe too, no mixes of any kind.  So, I can't tell you how pleased for her I was when I walked out to the smell of cinnamon bread and saw her amazing creation...all on her own too.

Her brothers were equally impressed...especially if the amount of moaning and groaning is any indicator of satisfaction.  Callen said to her, "I want this for my birthday, and YOU'RE making it!"  I'm not going to object to that!  The only problem I can foresee is this is another one of those things I really should altogether avoid because I don't want to stop.  Yeah, it's that good.  WAY TO GO MEGAN!!

2 comments:

  1. Yummmm!!! That looks sooo good! She's getting to be quite the baker! Good thing WE don't live together. She and I could make sweet music in the kitchen and watch our hips grow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks yummy too and so nice to see how all the kids have grown since I left miss you all tobler clan! love ya too Aunt Carla

    ReplyDelete