Saturday, June 25, 2011

Happy Father's Day Shaun!!

Isn't this a handsome bunch of bodies!  The kids got Shaun his long awaited Kindle for Father's Day.  (I think Megan is getting ideas now since she too is a book bug.)  My efforts of love was the strawberry-rhubarb pie-one of Shaun's favorites.  We love you Dad/Honey!

But alas, there must be OPPOSITION IN ALL THINGS...

There was a touch of sadness on the night of Father's Day.  Seth's poor male beta, Fishy, was swimming a bit oddly.  He had bought Fishy with his own money and loved that little guy.  Unfortunately, Fishy went to fish heaven that night, sent off by many tears by Seth.  It was so sad!!  We had him for 1 year, and 2 months-pretty good I thought.  The next day, Megan helped Seth prepare a padded, wooden, hand-painted "casket", dug a hole in my flower bed, and Seth put Fishy to rest with a personalized headstone. 

 Seth with Fishy in the padded, wooden casket, saying his last goodbye.  Look at that sad little face : (
 Sweet Megan dug the hole while Ryan was moral support.
It was a somber event.  I think I'll miss my little kitchen counter buddy as much as Seth.  On a happy note, later that week, Seth rounded up some snails to fill the void in Fishy's tank...hope the little guys live a while because he's enamoured with them.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Fishy died!! Especially since we were just talking about how well he was doing! Poor Seth. Tell him we are so sorry for his loss....:( He has a very handsome headstone though. We wish the snails luck! (you're so brave with all the critters you have come live with you!!)

    ReplyDelete