Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ahhh, there's nothing like SPRING in the Bear Lake Valley!

So, I have been browsing through a few of your blogs, and chatting with a few of you about you're lovely spring weather.  I sighed with pleasure at the pictures Sheena had of blossoms and Miles in the park with their 70's weather...congratulated Shaun's parents today about how their lawn is starting to green up ever so nicely...Suzanne was even out hanging up rugs on the line the other day...spring has sprung!  Isn't it wonderful!  Just so I can make each of you equally jealous, I thought I would also share some of our pictures of spring in the Bear Lake Valley, so you can be equally jealous.  I just barely came in from taking these:

 These were taken standing on the steps right out my front door so you can partake of the breathtaking view that we get to gaze upon every singe day!!!  In case you can't see all the detail, it is actually snowing BIG, FLUFFY flakes too! 
Yes, those piles of snow in the distance from the neighbors plowing out their driveways are about 6 to 8 feet tall, but have melted quite a bit this spring!
 The boys were so excited to be able to jump on the trampoline.  They were doing flips off if it into the nice soft snow!  For some reason, they haven't touched the other equipment yet?
And this is my clothesline.  I'm still just too lazy to go hang out any clothes yet.

If these pictures do not make you envious enough, know that it was a balmy 44 degrees the very moment I snapped these pictures.  The boys have been so excited to be able to go out and ride their bikes.  One day they even made it a whole 30 minutes before it started to snow again and they came back in soaked and frozen to the bone!  So, I'm just letting you all know that if your spring weather is not quite up to snuff, you are all invited at any time to come visit us!  Just give us a quick ring to let us know you're on your way so we can make sure and clear the sidewalks.  Mind you hurry and make it before April 15th though, because the local radio man swears all this snow will be gone by then!

P.S.  Just a forewarning...you may also see the Tobler family suddenly appear on your doorstep in shorts and sandals before then, wanting to roll in your green grass the way my boys did one spring when we went to Shaun's parents (since it had been SO LONG since they'd seen anything green)!

4 comments:

  1. Ba Ha Ha ha Ha!!!!!! :) :) :) We'll be right down!!! Ha! Ha! ha.....Ha! Ha! ha!

    (p.s. I'm so sorry fra-line...vegas will be great won't it!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - I was telling my mom how hard it'll be for me if we ever have to move back someplace that has long winters and lots of snow... you get spoiled fast! But maybe that'll just get you guys out here to visit us?! :D. We'd love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mart! I am so sorry!! I was just wishing it was warmer here. We got snow the other day too, but it is melted now so I won't complain any more seeing what you still have. Come see me any time!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. well we don't quite have that much snow but we get alot of wind and some light snow showers mixed with rain white mountain still a bit of snow on it still but clear on the top cause some of the snow has melted off due to some sunshine! but I can remember being down there looking out your dining room window into your back yard with all the snow I got to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete